Group Home Page: https://www.x-mol.com/groups/Tianfei_Liu?lang=zh
Chemistry tree: https://academictree.org/chemistry/tree.php?pid=773071
2009-2014 CAS Key Laboratory of Organofluorine Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, CAS.
Received Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, July 2014. Supervisor: Prof. Qilong Shen.
2004-2008 China Pharmaceutical University. Received B.S. in Medicinal Chemistry, July 2008.
Supervisor: Prof. Qizheng Yao.
2020-present Professor (tenure-track), State Key Laboratory of Elemento-Organic Chemistry, College of Chemsitry,
Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
2018-2020 Postdoctoral,Department of Chemistry, UNC at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.
Supervisor: Prof. Alex Miller.
2015-2018 Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.
Supervisor: Prof. Leif Hammarström; collaborated with Prof. Sascha Ott.
2014-2015 Research Assistant, Center of Basic Molecular Science, Department of Chemistry,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Supervisor: Prof. Lei Jiao.
The Liu group is focusing on the mechanism study of the key bond transforming in the organometallic and elemento-organic systems, using the methods of physical organic chemistry, to explore and discover new photo/electronic catalytic reaction systems. Our interests include:
1. Physical organic chemistry of elemento-organic compounds and organofluorine solvents;
2. Experimental mechanism study of catalytic organic reactions (including Proton-coupled electron transfer, PCET, HAT, et al);
3. Artificial modeling system for metalloenzymes;
4. New photo/electronic catalytic reaction systems, and their applications in transformations of biomass and CO2.
HONORS AND AWARDS
1. Travel Award for The 3rd International Conference on Proton Coupled Electron Transfer, Blowing Rock,
North Carolina, USA. June 2018.
2. Outstanding Graduate of Shanghai. June, 2014.
3. Student Travel Award for The Roche and RSC Chemistry Symposium. Oct., 2013.
4. Best Presentation Award for The 8th Syngenta International Conference. Oct., 2013.
5. National Scholarship for graduate students. Dec., 2012
6. Merit Student of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. July, 2012.
7. SIOC Nien-chu Yang Scholarship. Jun., 2012.
8. Syngenta PhD Student Fellowship Award. 27th, Sept., 2011
Zhiyi Liu, Yijun Sun, Tianfei Liu. Recent advances in synthetic methodologies to form C-18F bonds. Front. Chem. 2022, just accepted.
Zijie Zhou, Xiangmei Kong, Tianfei Liu. The Applications of PCET in Organic Synthesis[J]. Chin. J. Org. Chem. 2021, 41, 3844. doi: 10.6023/cjoc202106001.
Robin Tyburski (contributed equally), Tianfei Liu (contributed equally), Starla D. Glover*, Leif Hammarström*, Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer Guidelines Fair and Square, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2021, 143, 560.
Highlighted by X-mol: https://www.x-mol.com/news/517093
Tianfei Liu, Robin Tyburski, Shihuai Wang, Ricardo Fernández-Terán, Sascha Ott, Leif Hammarström, Elucidating Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer Mechanisms of Metal Hydrides with Free-Energy and Pressure Dependent Kinetics, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2019, 141, 17245.
Tianfei Liu, Meiyuan Guo, Andreas Orthaber, Reiner Lomoth, Marcus Lundberg, Sascha Ott and Leif Hammarström, Accelerating Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer of Metal Hydrides in Catalyst Model Reactions, Nat. Chem., 2018, 10, 881.
1. NSFC, 重大项目, 22193014, 自由基新反应的工业应用研究, 2022-01-01 至 2026-12-31, 374万元, 在研, 参与
2. NSFC, 面上项目, 22171141, 惰性极性含氟芳香溶剂中平衡酸度（pKa）和键解离 自由能数据库的建立, 2022-01-01 至 2025-12-31, 60万元, 在研, 主持
SELECTED CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES
1. The Pacifichem 2021 Congress, Hawaii, USA. Topic Area: (05) Computational & Theoretical Symposium
Session Title: From electron transfer: from electrochemistry to mixed-valence molecules to photosynthesis: (In memory of the late Prof. Noel Hush). (#218), 2021-12-16 to 2021-12-21（INVITED SPEAKER）
2. 22nd International Conference on Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar Energy (IPS22), Hefei, China., 2018-08（INVITED SPEAKER）
3. The 3rd International Conference on Proton Coupled Electron Transfer (PCET2018), Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA. 2018-06（INVITED DONATE SPEAKER）
Important academic role：
1. National Science Center, Poland, EU, Grant reviewer, 2021.03